Summer begins...

Caleb had his last day of school on Thursday and his class had a bubble party to celebrate. He did great this year and went from no desire to learn how to read to now reading on a 3rd grade level! He got the super reader award.

I can't believe how fast time flies. Next year it will be sad when he will be gone for a full day! We decided to put him in the Spanish Immersion class next year. He is excited to learn another language and I think it will be a good challenge for him. They say that the kids will be fluent by 6 grade.

After school we celebrated his graduating from Kindergarten. I took the kids to get their first snow cone. We thought it would be fun to walk the half mile there (Jacob didn't want to so we took the double stroller and Caleb rode his bike for the first time on a busy road and learned how to use the cross walks).

Caleb got the black cherry snow cone, Jacob got bubblegum, and I got tigers blood. We sat on the curb in the parking lot under a tree and enjoyed them. Caitlyn enjoyed them all of course. It was so much fun that the kids want to do it again.

When Chris came home from work we took the kids bowling. Caleb got a free summer pass from school for 1 free game of bowling for the whole family everyday this summer (of course you have to rent the shoes but still a good deal for some family fun). He was excited to use it so we promised we would take him on his last day of school. We all need a little practice since nobody broke a hundred and Jacob sprained his thumb when he fell with the bowling ball down the isle, but it was still a great time. McDonalds was next door so of course we had to eat there for dinner.
WOW! What a way to end the school year!

4 comments:

Chris said...

I started off the game very well with a few spares, but near the end I choked. I had the highest score and Jacob beat Caleb.

Here were the scores:

Dad - 96
Caleb - 69
Jacob - 83
Mom - 85

Anonymous said...

That Spanish immersion is something I want to do with my kids! You'll have to keep us updated on how it goes. :)

We should have the whole family get together and go bowling. That would be so much fun!

Angela said...

We get those passes too so I bought my own bowling shoes from the DI and still looking for some for the kids there then it will be totally free! HA My kids did a summer bowling league for 2 summers..it was exhausting, to have to take my turn with 4 boys and sit there while they bowled 3 games but they all got trophys and arcade passes at the end.
You guys are in school late!
I'm looking into spanish here cause I'm sure they don't have it but I want it sooo bad!
Keeping busy trying to do something fun everyday with my boys so call me when you want to go to Dinosaur park...i'll see if I can fit you in my schedule. ha ha

Rebecca's Oasis said...

how fun! maybe next year Caleb, Victor and I can have a conversation in Spanish :)